News / Calendar
ANNOUNCEMENTS / CORRECTIONS / UPDATES
Dates of Importance
|Summer/Fall Workshops||Between Friday, August 19 and Saturday, October 7, 2017|
Consult the Workshops link for specific dates, places, and the Summer/Fall Workshop Registration Form
|Registration Incentive Deadline||OCTOBER 1, 2017 (10% off first order of curriculum and study materials for members only)|
|Regular Registration Deadline||NOVEMBER 1, 2017 (Last postmark day to receive membership forms without a $25 additional fee thereafter)|
|Final Registration Deadline|
DECEMBER 15, 2017 (DEADLINE for all memberships for the 2017-2018 school year.
(PARTICIPATION SELECTION OF EVENTS MAY BE ADDED THROUGH JANUARY 15, 2018.)
|District & Area Meets||Between Friday, February 16 and Saturday, March 24, 2018|
Consult the Districts & Areas pages for specific dates
|“AA” State Meet||April 28, 2018 at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth|
|“A” State Meet||May 5, 2018 at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth |
|One-Act Play State Meet||Mid March or early April, 2018 at TBD|
Comments and questions may be addressed to the Executive Director.
• Reserved for announcements or curricula corrections
• 2017-2018 Modern Oratory Topics:
1. Can the healthcare industry do more to combat the opioid crisis in the US?
2. Does social media make citizens better informed?
3. Should government do more to address economic inequality in the US?
4. Is the United Nations effective in combating world hunger?
5. Does school choice lead to better public schools overall?
17 Approved Play List (updated list forthcoming)