News / Calendar
ANNOUNCEMENTS / CORRECTIONS / UPDATES
Dates of Importance
|Summer/Fall Workshops||Between Friday, August 19 and Saturday, October 1, 2016|
Consult the Workshops link for specific dates, places, and the Summer/Fall Workshop Registration Form
|Registration Incentive Deadline||OCTOBER 1, 2016 (10% off first order of curriculum and study materials for members only)|
|Regular Registration Deadline||NOVEMBER 1, 2016 (Last postmark day to receive membership forms without a $25 additional fee thereafter)|
|Final Registration Deadline|
DECEMBER 15, 2016 (DEADLINE for all memberships for the 2016-2017 school year.
(PARTICIPATION SELECTION OF EVENTS MAY BE ADDED THROUGH JANUARY 17, 2017.)
|District & Area Meets||Between Friday, February 17 and Saturday, April 1, 2017|
Consult the Districts & Areas pages for specific dates
|“AA” State Meet||April 29, 2017 at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth|
|“A” State Meet||May 6, 2017 at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth |
|One-Act Play State Meet||March 30-31, 2017 at Prince of Peace Christian School in Carrollton|
Comments and questions may be addressed to the Executive Director.
• MUSIC MEMORY CORRECTIONS IN OFFICIAL LIST:
CORRECTION (August 13): The online Music Memory List, #17 in the Grade 7/8 division, the word “Rhapsoldy” has been corrected to “Rhapsody.”
CORRECTION (January 13): “Des Prez” should be spelled with a small “d” des Prez
• READY WRITING CORRECTION (September 12): The Ready Writing and Creative Writing Handbook shipped prior to this date contains an additional set of pages 45 through 77. The set that begins page 45 with the picture of the wedding couple is the correct section.
• 2016-2017 Modern Oratory Topics:
1. Should computer science be a required course for high school students?
2. Are self-driving cars essential to the future of transportation?
3. Can governments do more to combat the spread of diseases such as Zika virus?
4. Does the US have a responsibility to aid in resolving conflicts abroad?
5. Can the Texas Legislature resolve the debate over funding for Texas public schools? (Should private schools be included in the funding?)
17 Approved Play List