News / Calendar
ANNOUNCEMENTS / CORRECTIONS / UPDATES
Dates of Importance
||Between Saturday, August 15 and Saturday, October 3, 2015
Consult the Workshops link for specific dates, places, and the Summer/Fall Workshop Registration Form
|Registration Incentive Deadline||OCTOBER 1, 2015 (10% off first order of curriculum and study materials for members only)|
|Regular Registration Deadline||NOVEMBER 2, 2015 (Last postmark day to receive membership forms without a $25 additional fee thereafter)|
|Final Registration Deadline||
DECEMBER 15, 2015 (DEADLINE for all memberships for the 2015-2016 school year.
(PARTICIPATION SELECTION OF EVENTS MAY BE ADDED THROUGH JANUARY 15, 2016.)
|District & Area Meets||Between Friday, February 12 and Saturday, April 2, 2016
Consult the Districts & Areas pages for specific dates
|“A” State Meet||May 7, 2016 at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth|
|“AA” State Meet||April 30, 2016 at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth
|One-Act Play State Meet||May 21, 2016 at Brentwood Christian School in Austin|
Comments and questions may be addressed to the Executive Director.
• SPELLING WORD VARIANT – GRADES 4 and 5
• The word “liquefy” may also be spelled “liquify“
• 2015-2016 Modern Oratory Topics
1. Should the President of the United State be elected by popular vote?
2. Will wearable technology make Americans healthier?
3. Should parents be allowed to opt out of state-mandated standardized testing for their children?
4. If there is a global problem of overfishing, can governments do more to combat it?
5. Should police officers be required to wear body cameras?
** Please note the updated Modern Oratory Rules PDF in the Contests / Subjective section of the PSIA website. Note also the reference to contestants by capital letter, instead of by number.
• Art Memory Part 1 Objective Test Scoring Correction
• SCORING PART 1. Award 5 points for each correct answer written in a printed CAPITAL letter. No points are deducted for incorrect answers. Erasures and markouts are permitted. An erased correct answer that can still be seen shall be counted correct. Points are not awarded, however, for a marked-out answer that would have been correct had it not been marked out.
2015-2016 OAP Approved Play List